The country has been selected by international publications such as U.S. News and World Report, AARP and the Boston Herald as a top retirement location.
This is an absolutely fascinating country located in Central America, the only English and Spanish speaking nation immediately south of Mexico with which it shares a land border. While some of the articles on Belize appearing in foreign publications can be looked at as advertorials, with careful planning and foresight, this little country can be a good place to live. On this page you can find our most popular collection of articles to give you a grasp of what Belize is all about. We cut through the hype to give you the straight dope on Belize.
Annotated Index Of About Belize Articles
1. How To Live, Work or Retire In Belize – a starter guide for those looking to relocate to Belize.
2. Top Ten Reasons To Retire In Belize – selected by expats living here, the best reasons why you may want to retire in Belize.
3. Belize Fact Sheet – good starting point. We summarize as much general information as possible for the first time visitor.
4. Belize Country Profile – A detailed profile of Belize with statistics, form of government, media, economy, private sector and tourism.
5. Maya Civilization – one of the main attractions of Belize are is its Maya Ruins. We look at the history of our Maya Civilization.
6. How To Buy Belize Real Estate – an impartial guide to the ins and outs of acquiring property in Belize and what to look out for.
7. Demographics Of Belize – Tables and lots of data for the student and researcher. Includes labor and immigrant statistics.
8. Belize Flag and National Symbols – complete information on the history of Belize’s Flag and National Symbols.
9. The Great Blue Hole – the largest natural formation of its kind in the world and a major attraction for SCUBA divers.
10. Belize Currency – Belize dollar exchange rate and very important information on currency control laws for visitors.
11. Belizean Cuisine – Latin American, Mexican, Caribbean, North American and other influences on the local culinary experience.
12. Weather In Belize – Describes the weather and weather cycles in this tropical country – you are here escaping frost aren’t you?
13. Medical Care In Belize – Belize is a third-world country and the medical care system is basic. With some thought and planning you can prepare for your health needs while living here.